Bishop Hughes has approved outdoor worship for gatherings of 25 or less. Christ Church will begin preparations and will be ready to hold outdoor worship on Sunday, July 5. by advanced reservation only. There are many rules and guidelines to follow. The service will be held on the grass in back of Shepherd's Haven. There will be a service at 8:00 am and a service at 9:30 am. The 9:30 am service will continue to be available on Facebook Live.
-Since the gatherings are limited in number, attendees will be required to make reservations in advance by email. Details about how to do this will come at a later date.
- It will be a Morning Prayer service with no Communion, no singing and no passing of the Peace.
- A bulletin will be sent by email in advance but will not be distributed at the service. You may print your own bulletin to bring with you and then bring it home with you. If you can access your email on your phone, you could follow along electronically. Prayer Books will not be provided, but you may bring your own if you have one.
- Everyone must bring their own chair and mask. There will be six measured feet in between the chairs of different families. Masks must be worn at all times.
- An offering basket will be placed at the entrance. A plate will not be passed.
-There will be physical distancing of at least 6 measured feet maintained at all times. There will be no congregating before or after the service. There will be no Coffee Hour. Everyone will be asked to exit to their cars immediately following the service.
- The 25 person maximum will be strictly enforced, so no one will be allowed to enter without an advance reservation.
- The buildings will be locked and there will be No Access to Rest Rooms.
- In the case of inclement weather, the service may be cancelled at the last minute. You will be advised where to check for information about cancellations.
As always, our highest goal is to safeguard the health and safety of our clergy and parishioners. As noted, our Facebook Live service will continue, especially for those in high risk groups and for those who are not yet ready to gather in person.